Monday, November 4, 2013

"I'm Just a Little Black Rain Cloud..."

Source
If you have ever watched The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh, you might remember Pooh Bear singing the title song of this post.  I assure you, I have seen this DVD far too many times so whilest I was working on this month's BOM for my LQS, It was all that rolled through my head.  Over...and over..and over again.  You see, I like to make tester blocks as to not mess up the very precise amount of fabric they give you to complete the block.  This past week I fell so in-love with the block that I plan to make the tester blocks into a mini-quilt wall hanging for our bedroom/super crafting area.  I am determined to make some items for our home this next year; I often find myself giving things away just after I roll the lint brush over a project.

BOM BLOCK:


TESTER BLOCK:

No, I have not yet trimmed up the blocks because I like to wait to trim my BOM blocks until I have all of the blocks completed, just in case I need to fudge here or there.  As far as the tester blocks go, I am am almost done with 3 more of the same block and then we shall see how to arrange them!  I am thinking of going with using some of the other scraps from making THIS quilt, they are fabrics all from the same line from Connecting Threads.  In fact they are currently having a super sale on all their basics so I am mulling the idea of grabbing more yardage of the Gray print in this project.

I am linking up today to:
Design Wall Monday with Judy@ Patchwork Times
BOM's Away with Lyn @ What a Hoot Quilts


I am also linking up, for the second time: 
Anything Goes Mondays with Marelze @ Stitch By Stitch.
*\o/* Cheers
Shanna

PS** It turns out I have had very good luck recently, so I am having a drawing for FOUR more traveling stash boxes!!!  Please consider letting it visit your house.  Check out my post (with pictures) HERE, leave a comment on that post to be entered in to win it (US Residents only, sorry).  There are 2 more delicious boxes being given away, to find out more about those boxes click over HERE, and to read about the guidelines go HERE.

***For International followers I will be having a giveaway specifically for you starting November 18th. So please be looking for it!***



4 comments:

  1. Hi there, Shanna :D Nice to see you again at BOMs Away. Your tester block here is amazing! I'm drooling over its fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those blocks are amazing...great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the fabric choices in your tester block xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great blocks. I love that design. It would make such a pretty quilt for your place.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers!