Thursday, December 5, 2013

Finishes: First Peek of Christmas

Wonky Christmas advent Calendar-Front


Wonky Christmas advent Calendar-Back
My first packages for Christmas went out last week.  In one of the boxes is a project that I have literally spent 3 years trying to complete.  I have ripped out the FMQ stitches 3 times; it was pretty much put on the shelf in frustration.  A few weeks ago I felt like I got this burst of energy and it popped in my head that I should make it my goal to get this completed this year.  The stitch done on the front is a swirly loop bit in between the pockets.  This was my very first attempt at making something "wonky" which is why it is not very wonky, haha!  I tried to figure out where I got the idea, but I honestly cannot remember after 3 years.  The Advent calendar went to my Sister-in-law, her husband and family, along
with a quilt for our nephew who is 5 months old!  I was trying to remember why I never sent a quilt for the older children and it finally dawned on me that I hadn't started quilting yet!

I also made a Valentinesy Popover dress to send to my friend's little girl (She has a February Birthday like Miss Z) along with a baby quilt for her newest little one which is due in February.  Being early is definitely a new idea for me!  I find it fantastic that both her girls and mine, who are all second cousins as well, will share a birthday month!  My friend was one of my college housemates for a bit of time but she also happens to be my husband's first cousin as well.  I have two matching dresses for Miss Z, and for one of her other 2nd cousins that I have almost completed.  You can find the pattern for free HERE is you are interested in making one of your own!

I have the FMQ completed for the Time Warp lap Quilt, the binding has been attached, I just need to finish hand-sewing the binding to the front.  I got a little behind as I got the sudden notion to wash all of my fabric in my stash.  Why I decided this on the eve of a coming ice storm I haven't a clue, but, I'd better get back to that and I will save the hand-stitching for when the power goes out instead!

*\o/* Cheers
Shanna



I am linking up this week to:

Thank Goodness It's Finished Fridays with Laura @Quokkaquilts
WHOOP, WHOOP Fridays @Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Link A Finish Friday @ Richard & Tanya Quilt
Finish It Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts

*\o/* Cheers
Shanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers!