Tuesday, December 10, 2013

STASH REPORT--sort of


I have really been horrible about keeping track of fabric this year. I actually haven't bought very much, but I also haven't used up all of my stash as well.  November/December are always bad months for the count because that is when I pick up fabrics on sale and balance out my stash a bit.  For 2014 "balance" will be my key word.  I had the not-so-brilliant idea of washing, ironing and trimming ALL of my fabric.  It has been a week since I started the process; I have 1/2 of my stash washed, 1/4 of the stash has actually been ironed and trimmed.  I should have done it in small batches, but I learned that lesson the hard way!


I picked up some fabric(above) a couple weeks ago from Westwood Acres for a project I am calling The Healing Quilt.  There is just something that spoke to me about these fabrics that I thought it would be a joy to work with them.  I will tell you that I already am hoping that I will be able to get the Fox line for my birthday in March.  Both Lines are Tula Pink, which I have always been a big fan of, but it has been hard to get my hands on some.  Westwood Acres are not sponsoring me or anything like that, I just like to tell about a place when I have found a place with great service and an excellent product, not to mention a great price!  I have found a few other Etsy shops that are definitely worth telling you about, but that will have to wait as Miss Z is only offering up a short nap to me today!

*\0/* Cheers,
Shanna
**PS-My blog posting will be a little spotty the next few weeks, but I will be back to normal at the new year.  Thank you all sincerely for reading!

1 comment:

  1. gosh ... I would not know WHERE to start with my stash!! I think maybe I need to have a "use what you have" time xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers!